Weekly reflection #3 5/19/19




Weekly Reflection #3
5/19/19
Hours so far: 45/50


This week I learned many things. I learned how to Audit a website. After I had finished my blog post and the parent page Scott came up with some other things for me to do. One of which was an audit of the Proctor website. An audit is going through every page of the website and looking for anything that should be changed. Old photos, videos that could use an update, Links that don’t work etc. This takes a long time but you feel that you are doing something productive. I learned that this how a lot of the work that they do here feels. Overall I have liked what I have been doing here because I feel that I have been productive and have helped the school. This week I felt frustrated sometimes when I couldn’t get responses for various things. My email about the form for the senior class piece did not get enough responses so I had to use my time to go around and tell seniors to fill it out. I also had to make sure I got a diverse group of different kinds of students. I also didn’t send an email to get question of the week responses because last week only one person responded and I think are getting tired of my mass emails which I understand.  I instead went around and got people to answer it. These frustrations, while minor, are just part of doing this work. Doing the work for Scott has helped me achieve my goal of being able to contribute to the Communications department and as express fest approaches and I will begin working on my reflection, I am confident that my project has been successful.

Comments

  1. I liked reading here about how you had to take a different approach when one way wasn't working, thinking up new solutions to the issue. Nice work Neal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly reflection 1 May 5

Day 10 (Friday May 10)